How To Get A FASTag Account For Your New Vehicle?
FASTag is a simple Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology that can make electronic toll payments. It is attached to the vehicle’s windscreen and allows you to pass through toll plazas nationwide without waiting in line for cash transactions. When your car approaches a toll plaza, the tag is read electronically, and the amount gets automatically deducted from your FASTag account.
To make a FASTag recharge, load money into your linked Airtel Payments Bank account/wallet using the Airtel Thanks app. Following successful loading, a minimum balance amount will be set aside for FASTag and used when you cross a poll. Thus, saving you the time and fuel you would have used to wait in lines.
How to register for FASTag?
FASTag can also be purchased from Airtel Payments Bank’s select banking locations. It is linked to a registered Airtel Payments Bank account or wallet to automatically deduct toll charges instantly. FASTag users also receive a 2.5% cashback from the NHAI (National Highways Authority of India) on all toll payments done via FASTag. The registration process for Airtel FASTag with Airtel Payments Bank is described below.
- Please go to https://www.airtel.in/bank/.
- Navigate to the NETC FASTag page to apply for an Airtel FASTag online.
- Enter your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Upload both the front and back covers of your RC book.
- Select ‘Next.’
- Pay the amount you want to add to FASTag using Airtel Wallet or Internet Banking.
- That’s it; your Airtel FASTag registration is complete.
Documents required to register for an Airtel FASTag account
If you are applying for your first FASTag, you must submit the following documents:
- Certificate of Registration (RC)
- Your vehicle’s KYC documents
- PAN card identity and address verification (any one of the next)
-Valid Driver’s License Passport (photo of its front page and the address page)
-Aadhaar Card (including the address)
-Voter ID Card
How to make your FASTag recharge online?
The most convenient way to obtain FASTag online is to visit the bank website that issues FASTag.
- Log in to your FASTag account and recharge using payment methods such as net banking, UPI, and credit or debit card.
- You can also recharge FASTags using UPI on the ‘My FASTag App.’
- FASTags linked to your bank account via the ‘My FASTag App’ are automatically recharged.
- While linking the tag to your bank account or a BHIM UPI, you can set the amount for automatic FASTag recharge.
- The Airtel Thanks App lets you deposit funds into your linked Airtel Payments Bank account or wallet.
- FASTag requires a one-time payment of Rs. 100, which includes GST.
How to check your Airtel FASTAg balance?
You can easily check your FASTag balance with Airtel Payments Bank by following the steps below:
- Visit https://www.airtel.in/bank/ for more information.
- Navigate to the NETC FASTag page.
- Enter the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Upload Vehicle RC’s front and back.
- Click the ‘Next’ button.
- You can now check your balance anytime and from any location using the Airtel Thanks app or the Airtel Payments Bank website.